Hosea 2:14-16

Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. There she will sing as in the days of her youth, as in the day she came out of Egypt. "In that day," declares the Lord, "you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master.'"

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Best of both worlds

Just thought I would take few minutes to give a quick update from the West coast! It's been a great 2 1/2 weeks in California so far. The first 2 weeks were non stop training. And when we weren't training, we were working. Most of us weren't prepared for the extremely cold weather, and on top of that, it rained almost everyday.  Everything had to get done, so we had to work through all of the weather. I will be on programs for the summer, which entails mostly ropes and bikes, and I will possibly be coaching (leading teams that come through each week). Training weeks were a lot of fun, but also busy, overwhelming at times, and exhausting. Some of the jobs that we were asked to do during our work days seemed pointless, but we didn't ask questions. Just smile, nod, and do it :) It felt like we raked every square inch of the ranch. It is definitely a different atmosphere than what I have been around for the past 4 months, and I miss getting to talk and hang out with people whenever I want, but there is joy in all of it because I know I am doing it all for the Lord.
I am also part of a group that is rotating back and forth from the ranch to Scott River Lodge about every other week. The lodge is a 5 star getaway on the river where up to 9 couples can stay for a week. Very high class out here compared to the ranch. I mean, I iron the sheets! My shift starts at 6 am and ends at noon. I set up and serve an extravagant breakfast for the guests and the groups going down the river, then I clean the rest of the time. I get the afternoons to myself and just get to relax. I really love it out here. It's a very different feel from the ranch. We stay in a cozy house by the lodge, and we get to cook our own meals for ourselves and other staff and river guides each night.   We also have to milk the goat every evening. It's a very peaceful place, and the Lord knew that it would be good for me to be out here at the lodge this summer. I am going back to the ranch on Saturday, and I am very excited to see all the new guests and all of my friends. I really feel like I get the best of both worlds.
Nothing at all is set in stone for me after the ranch, and the Lord has me in huge trusting and waiting season. It's a relief to know that I can't mess up His plan. It really is a daily, even hourly thing to surrender my future. I am so glad that Jesus has already taken care of it all. He has me here, right now, so I'm just going to enjoy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment