Hosea 2:14-16

Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. There she will sing as in the days of her youth, as in the day she came out of Egypt. "In that day," declares the Lord, "you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master.'"

Friday, July 15, 2011

just living in the now

Wow. It's hard to believe that the summer is already half way over. I'm having a blast. I'm still not used to the fact that I am in California for the summer! It hits me every time I look out and see the beautiful mountains I'm surrounded by. As great as the summer has been so far, it has also been very stretching. The Lord is humbling me and stripping me of everything that is comfortable. Just when things seem to get easy, another situation arises. Sounds like life to me, I guess :) It's been really painful at times, and most of the time I don't understand what the Lord is trying to do, but I know He is working it out for good. So I don't have to know, and I can be okay with that. As much as I want to try to fight it, I've had to stop and realize that He is giving me such a sweet gift of faith where it's all I have to hang onto. I always want to be at a place where I say," yes, Lord!" I'll admit, that hasn't been my first response to everything that has been placed in front of me this summer. My flesh wants to kick and scream, but my spirit really is willing, because I desire His will above my own. I am discovering so much more about myself. I see how the Lord is transforming me. There are things about myself that I do not recognize, but I love them. There are aspects about myself that I can clearly see the Lord changing. I love delighting in the Lord. That's all I have to do. He does the rest. I can't change anything about myself, really. These things are a product of just enjoying the Lord. I am so excited to see what He will be up to next.
I got the privilege of coaching a Second Wind team of 14 girls and guys, ages 15-17, for two weeks. I loved it. The Lord was all over my experience. He did the work. And I got to sit back and watch :) He is teaching me a lot about living in the now. I am pretty sure I am not going back to school this semester. I will most likely be staying at the ranch to help them until mid September. After that, I'm not totally sure, so I'm just kind of living week to week right now. It's not my natural tendency to be okay with not having plans. That's one thing the Lord is changing in me.
Our Lord Jesus is doing mighty works out here in Etna, CA. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I'm so enjoying being with the people out here. I love these people. We just want Jesus, and we want Jesus for other people. Our Lord is so good. He is faithful. I am so incredibly thankful that I am covered by His blood and that His grace is sufficient for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment